This Instant Pot Shredded beef is the perfect quick and easy protein! I love to make this recipe and have leftovers for the week. The possibilities are endless, but I like to serve it with puréed veggie soup or with some tortillas and guacamole for paleo tacos!
- 3 lb chuck roast
- 1 cup bone broth
- 1 tsp sea salt
- black pepper (omit for AIP)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp cooking fat (coconut oil or lard works great)
- Turn Instant Pot "Sauté" function and add cooking fat
- While that heats up, season both sides of the chuck roast with salt and pepper (omit for AIP)
- Brown the roast for a few minutes on one side, then flip
- Add the onions and garlic and allow them to brown a little (careful not to let the garlic burn though! Add more cooking fat if needed)
- Add the bone broth and place the lid on and close the valve
- Set to "Manual" on high pressure for 60 minutes.
- Once it's done, you can quick release the pressure or allow the pressure to release naturally
- Remove the excess broth and shred the beef